Below you find a description of the fastest route to executing your own application on the target hardware.
Prerequisites on the development computer:
- 8 GB of RAM (if there is less RAM, you need to decrease the RAM in the VMware settings before running the VMware)
- terminal application (e.g. TeraTerm on the Windows host, or screen on Linux), baud rate: 115200 baud
- VMware Player Version >= 6.x installed
- Kontron Electronics VMware Image (Ubuntu Image with preinstalled deveopment environment)
- mini-USB-B to USB-A cable (Solo/Dual based boards) or micro-USB-B to USB-A cable (UL based boards)
- USB-Serial adapter
- Power supply (in scope of delivery)
- Network infrastructure and network cable to establish a connection between host and target
Connecting the Board
- Connecting the USB-debug interface to the host
Therefore connect the Debug-USB connector on the board with the USB-Serial adapter and the adapter with a USB port of your host.
Using TeraTerm: Launch application, select COM-port of the FTDI-chip and set the baud rate to 115200
- Connecting the Ethernet port
Depending on your infrastructure you might connect the board to a LAN, or directly to the host computer (e.g. via USB Ethernet adapter)
- Connecting the power supply
In general, when power is supplied, the device will boot from the internal flash. Watch the boot log in the terminal until finally you will see a login prompt.
Configuring the board
- Login as user "root", no password is required
- Set network settings temporarily with
ifconfigor permanently by editing
Set up application
- Launch the Kontron Electronics VMware Image
- if necessary login with password
- Launch QtCreator from the icon on the left
Open a project:
- c-app-demo (~/yocto-exceet/projects/qtcreator/c-app-demo/c-app-demo.pro) or
- kontron-demo (~/yocto-exceet/projects/qtcreator/exceet-demo/kontron-demo.pro) Specify the network settings of the target (for details see Using Qt-Cross-Toolchain and QtCreator)
Build, deploy and run the application
Use the according commands in the "Build" menu or the buttons in the toolbar.