Known issues and limitations
- Hardware acceleration with Qt disabled due to performance issues with hw acceleration and Qt
- Video playback with demo application disabled
See hardware descriptions for the boards you have.
Changes from BSP version 1.5.0 to 1.6.0
- Support for SoM types with 256MB RAM and NAND flash:
- SL STM32 MP157 256/256 (t1002)
- SL STM32 MP153 256/256 (t1007)
- SL STM32 MP151 256/256 (t1006)
Changes from BSP version 1.4.0 to 1.5.0
- U-boot/Linux: Add Support for SPI-NAND KIOXIA P/N TC58CVG2S0HRAIJ
See SOM documentation for details
- U-boot: Timeout for Hardware Watchdog fixed
Timeout value did not apply in all cases
- Linux: Fixed NAND OOB data write bugfix
NAND bad blocks were not marked persistently
- Linux: Driver for SPI CANFD chip MCP2519FD added
- tf-a: OTP registers automatically locked when written
- Linux: Thermal management configuration added
- BSP: The can package changed from 'canutils' to 'can-utils'
can-utils provides better CAN FD support
- BSP: Support for LVDS and HDMI graphic interfaces on DK boards added
See DK documentation for more information and restrictions
Changes from BSP version 1.3.1 to 1.4.0
- Support for new DemoKit boards t1000-k integrated
- SDK default installation path changed from
/opt/kontron/<MACHINE>. Modify your installation path on installation if multiple SDKs shall be installed.
Changes from BSP version 1.1.0 to 1.3.1
- The init manager changed from systemd to sysinitv
- New distro ktn is introduced. The old distro ktn-eglfs is deprecated.
- The new images image-ktn and image-ktn-qt replaces the old stm32* images. They provide almost the same functionality
- A new partition layout with borootfs and userfs is introduced. The tools mptool and create-sd-card.sh are adapted to this layout.
- libusb added
- Minimal configuratons for SoM t1000 and t1001 added
- Minor updates of tf-a, u-boot and linux kernel
- linux kernel: Pinctrl strict checking deactivated for linux kernel
- linux kernel: include driver for ralink53xx wireless usb
- tf-a: writ-lock OTP location after writing and reread contents after update
Changes from BSP version 1.0.0 to 1.1.0
An ongoing effort is to adjust yocto layers and concepts to share with kontron yocto imx products. For some parts this leads to profound changes.
This is a list of the most important changes:
- Some layers, recipes and files renamed from exceet to ktn
- The flash partitioning scheme changed from bootfs/rootfs/userfs (OpenST) to borootfs/userfs
- A new distro
ktnwith sysvinit init system is introduced and will become the default distro in the near future. Distro
ktn-eglfswith systemd will then become deprecated.
- Only tar files are generated for all Kontron DemoKits. These files are the basis for
create-sd-card.shscripts for updating the flash contents by e.g. sd card boot.
- The can package changed from 'can-utils' to 'canutils'