Kontron Electronics offers Demo-Kits to get you started quickly with your product and application design. The abilities of your customized hardware can be fitted to your specific needs.
For STM32MP157 hardware, there are Demo-Kits availible with following specs:
- STMicroelectronics STM32MP157 SOC, dual ARM® Cortex® A7@648 MHz and ARM® Cortex®M4@196 MHz
- STMicroelectronics STM32MP151 SOC, single ARM® Cortex® A7@648 MHz and ARM® Cortex®M4@196 MHz
- 256-512 MB DDR3 RAM
- 2MB QSPI NOR Flash
- 256-512 MB QSPI NAND
- 4GB eMMC
- 2 x Ethernet 10/100 MBit/s
- Display: RGB, DSI
- USB Host
- USB OTG
- SD card
- 2 x DIO
- 2 x AI
- 24V supply voltage
See chapter Supported Hardware for detailed information.
The Kontron linux BSP software is based on the widely used Yocto linux distribution and supports the Kontron Demo-Kits. The adaptions for the STM32MP157 SOC are integrated by the specialized Yocto layers of OpenST.
The characteristics of the Kontron BSP are:
- Linux kernel 4.19 or newer with board and SOC adaptations
- U-Boot bootloader 2019-11 or newer with board and SOC adaptions
- Linux userland based on the Yocto reference distribution with debian package format
- Boot process configruation in extlinux format
- sysvinit init manager
- GStreamer multimedia framework with hardware acceleration
- Qt 5.11 based on eglfs with OpenGL and QML/QtQuick support
For a quick start Kontron provides a VMware Image already preinstalled with all required development tools.